Book slinga.

Posted by Christy Miller on Wednesday 26 June 2013. Filed under: , , ,

Here's another great Pinterest find that I couldn't wait to make for the nursery: book slings!

I've mentioned these to a lot of people and I always get asked the same thing: "What are book slings?" THESE are book slings:


Each sling is a piece of fabric literally "slung" between the two bars of a double curtain rod.

I followed these tutorials:

Brody's Book Slings
Penny Carnival


I chose this fun fabric from Periwinkle Quilting to match the curtain fabric. But, true to fashion, I didn't buy enough and had to improvise along the way by lining the slings with a complimentary teal fabric that I had kickin' around. Serves me right for trying to measure while I'm at the fabric store!


Other than that, these slings were pretty easy to make following the online tutorials and sewing straight lines.

The hardest part of this project was begging my husband to hang the double curtain rods - he loves freshly painted walls and doesn't want to hang ANYTHING up once the walls are painted if he can avoid it. But my persistent nagging does eventually pay off and now we have this nice little reading corner in the nursery, stocked with plenty of great books already!

No Responses to Book slinga.

Leave a Reply