Everleigh.

Posted by Christy Miller on Saturday 7 April 2012.

I met the newest member of my family this week. She is the lovely Everleigh Aura, daughter of my older sister Carmen and her husband Chris.


She is awesome. There's just no other words for it.

Since we found out about the pregnancy pretty early (when we offered Carmen a beer upon arrival in Saskatoon last July), I had lots of time to think about what to make for my new niece.

When I stumbled upon a pattern for a "Modern Baby Quilt", I knew this was the project for me. I renewed this book from the library so many times, I think they were wondering if I would ever give it back.

After four renewals (yes, that's twelve weeks), I did. 

I will admit, I had a false start on the screen printing and it took me about a month to get the nerve up to try it again (plus I had to go out and buy more orange fabric paint because of a botched ratio of orange to black and white that made the ink look more like vomit than a funky orange).

It turned out a lot better the second time around and I'm so happy I decided to give it another try:




The yarn fastening gives it a retro vibe.

That's me working on the finishing touches in my profile picture on this blog. It's too soon to tell if Everleigh likes it, but her parents did, and for now that will have to be good enough.

I won't be scared to try this project again, and with babies being born to special people in my life almost monthly, I have a feeling I could get very good at screen printing!

No Responses to Everleigh.

Leave a Reply